Garage doors can be found in several sizes and shapes, including roller garage doors. These doors are also made using a range of materials. Select the ideal one and it is sure to add appeal and property value to your home.
Types of Garage Doors
Automatic garage door
A more convenient alternative compared to a manual door, automated doors are fitted with motors and various other systems that make going in and out of the garage less complicated than ever.
Previously thought of as a safety risk, automatic doors are now a popular choice since improvements have been made to the design, ensuring safety.
Insulated garage doors
Climate is a significant factor to consider when selecting a garage door. If you live in a location with a very cold or very warm environment, an insulated garage door is the best selection. Secure your vehicle against severe temperature levels with garage door insulation. And if your garage doubles as a shed where you work, insulation becomes even more important.
Roller garage doors
These doors run vertically up and down and roll up around itself into a cylinder shape. The one steel ribbed profile layout and cost-effectiveness make these doors a prominent choice.
Sectional garage doors
The doors operate much like a roller door. The only difference is that these are made of numerous jointed panels. The door either rolls over the entrance or rolls up on the right track across the garage ceiling. These doors are available in numerous layouts and looks and in electronic operation.
Custom garage doors
With a custom door, all elements that matter to you can be integrated into the design. From the style of your home to your choice of materials, the garage door can be built accordingly.
What variables should you think about when choosing a garage door?
How broad and high should the garage door be? You can contact professional installers to take measurements or do it on your own.
If it’s the latter, make certain to determine the opening width as well as the height of the garage door. Don’t forget to measure the headspace and backspace as well.
- Steel is popular for its ability to withstand high winds and offer high levels of security.
- Natural wood brings a lovely and rustic appeal to your home. However, it is high maintenance because it is prone to cracking and splitting.
- Fibreglass is highly long lasting and is resistant to rust, cracking, and splitting. Add to this a high level of insulation and it is one of the more expensive material.
- Aluminium and glass are corrosion- and rust-resistant, making them long-lasting.
- Vinyl is rust-resistant, long-lasting, low-maintenance, and with many customised styles.
- Modern residences need equally modern garage doors.
- Traditional homes are a perfect match for a garage door made of wood.
- Craftsman or mission-style homes look best with a carriage-house garage door.
- Historic houses need a custom-made garage door to complete its look.
How much will you spend on a garage door or, specifically, roller garage doors? With cost dependent on the features you want to be added, from insulation to mechanised controls, it is essential to establish a budget so you don’t spend more money than you should.
With all these details in mind, choosing the right door is easier. Contact EcoGarageDoors today. Take a look at http://www.ecogaragedoors.com.au/melbourne/roller-garage-doors